RecycLab – a recycling, reusing and eco-building platform
This unit aims to:
- Recycle and reuse objects and waste at the source by inventing new uses, as well as using recycled objects as raw material for green building projects,
- Achieve environmental improvements through eco-construction techniques (locally recycled materials, renewable energy, etc.) to develop a social, sustainable economy in Colombes.
- Initiate the spread of new urban, eco-friendly, practices such as reducing, repairing and reusing waste through educational activities and workshops.
- Reduce energy consumption for building operations on the entire project.
The unit consists of a series of elements:
- space for collecting and depositing
- recycle and reuse workshops
- fabrication workshops and assembly of elements for green building (vertical gardens, insulating panels, etc..).
- educational workshop sessions in DIY and for repair and reuse.
- platform to host local events (recycling fairs, festivals, flea markets materials, presentations, etc..)
- LabFab – offering advanced technology accessible to everyone
The construction of RecycLab begins in 2012. Those interested in participating, please follow the News section or use Contact section on the homepage.